I don’t want to be a racecar owner anymore. It takes too much time and effort. My knees hurt. My back hurts. Thinking about repairs, maintenance, and upgrades makes my brain hurt. I love driving cars, but I don’t love working on them. So I’m selling my Yaris. A few years ago it looked like this.
It’s been through quite a bit since then, and now looks more like this.
Here are some details about the car.
- Fastest Lap Times
- 3:34 Thunderhill 5 mile double-bypass (595 RS-RR)
- 2:20 Thunderhill 3 mile (RS-4/RS-Pro)
- 1:34 Thunderhill West (RS-4)
- 1:57 Laguna Seca (595 RE-71R)
- 2:24 Buttonwillow CW#1 (ECS)
- Evil Genius roll cage
- Fire system
- JAWS light
- Corbeau FX4 driver seat with adjustable seat rails
- FIA harnesses with 2 years left
- Adjustable seat brace
- Corbeau Sprint passenger seat with fixed mount
- NRG v3 quick release steering wheel
- DIY cold box
- Log books for ChampCar, Lucky Dog, NASA, and SCCA
- ~25 hours on JDM engine (clutch also replaced), burns 4 gallons per hour
- Bilstein B14 suspension with solid top mounts
- Corolla brakes (larger, more choice of pads)
- 15×8 wheels (2 with RT660, 5 need new rubber)
- Even more wheels and tires (17×7, 16×6, 15×6)
- 2 sets of doors
- Wing and splitter
- Other Stuff
- Fuel cans
- Lots of spare parts
- CA non-op but smog legal with BSPEC license plates
- Some telemetry gizmos maybe
6 thoughts on “For sale: Toyota Yaris, somewhat worn”
You know, that’s why i bought a spec racer. Only track days so that’s a total bummer (no Lemons / etc), but almost zero maintenance. And i have a race shop really near by that specializes in them so that makes it even easier…
But i hear you, you’ve kinda got to want to do all the other stuff because its like 80% of the work…
Having a purpose-built racecar in a nearby garage is the way to do it. I often think about this.
You’re just on the wrong side of a legit arrive and drive.
You could start your own Used Race Car website: “You Suck but it ain’t the car’s fault” gently abused Money Pits for Sale or Trade dot com
abused money pits is accurate
I think you should update the no brakes drill lap times. 1:03.x is expert level but I’m able to get 1:02.8x . I think there is still room for improvement because I use G29.