There are a bunch of free tracks I’ve never driven in iRacing. Every few days I’m going to drive one with zero preparation and then post the fastest lap time here. That’s the delta time. Your mission, should you accept it, is to beat it (and then call me names in the comment section).
Here are the rules.
- Global Mazda MX-5 Cup, baseline setup
- Default Weather (78F, 2 MPH N, 55%, afternoon)
- 30 minutes or 20 laps, whichever comes first
Charlotte Motor Speedway – Legends RC Medium
CMS was redesigned a couple years ago to make the roval safer. But they also changed quite a bit of the interior track as well. The RC Medium feels very different from the 2008 Infield Road Course even though they share some of the same land. The new track feels like it was meant to be there and not just a parking lot conversion.
There are turns that test your bravery, discipline, and skill. Too bad it doesn’t have an off camber section. I would be thrilled to drive this in real life. Well, except for the walls. I’ll bet those eat cars regularly.
In this section I’m ranking the tracks in the order of my preference. I tend to like technical tracks with some elevation, short straights, and corners that are blind, off camber, decreasing radius, and connected.
- [Legacy] Pocono Raceway – 2009 East (1:12.321, #12)
- Charlotte Motor Speedway – Legends RC Medium (1:08.867, #20)
- [Legacy] Charlotte Motor Speedway – 2008 Infield Road Course (47.637, #20)
- [Legacy] Texas Motor Speedway – 2008 Road Course Short B (27.062, #18)
- [Legacy] Phoenix Raceway – 2008 Road Course (1:09.739, #17)
- Tsukuba 1000 Chicane (0:42.149, #15)
- [Legacy] Silverstone Circuit – 2008 National (1:08.867, #7)